- This event has passed.
Alserkal Summer Programme: PechaKucha Night – Food for Thought
14 August @ 4.00 pm - 6.00 pmFree, but pre-register
Presenters explore traditions and investigate practices that shape our experience of food in the UAE and beyond. From sustainability in farming to the health benefits of fasting, the conversation is dedicated to foodies of all kinds. Speakers include:
- Kamal Mouzawak Tawlet, Beirut
- Hanan Sayed Worrel author of Table Tales
- Ming Zhu Crop One
- Michelle Harvey nutritionist
- Yazen Al Kodman Emirates Bio Farm
- Mohamed Somji Gulf Photo Plus
- Shabnum Stumpf BB Social Dining
This is the final event in Alserkal’s summer programme on the theme of forecasting the future: what drives our need to prophesy and speculate? What are the dangers? What kind of demands does our perception of future outcomes place on the present? And is the future over-hyped?
Free, but space is limited so pre-registration is essential at firstname.lastname@example.org.